Bird Race-Lista Fuglefestival 2018
The weekend 31th August to 01st September we celebrate LISTA BIRD FESTIVAL with party and activities all weekend!
Foredrag på lørdag - Lista Fuglefestival 2018
BBQ på lørdag-Lista Fuglefestival 2018
SATURDAY 31st August - Field day
Lista Bird Race at 06:00 - 15:00
- Team competition around Lista. See as many species as possible in Farsund municipality. Maximum 4 persons pr. team. To know more about it you can send us an email.
Barbecue at 18:00
- You can bring your own food and we will collaborate with griller, tables, etc
Lecture at 19:30
The Danish field ornithologist Klaus Malling Olsen , who is active since the late 1970s, comes to Lista. He is widely regarded as the world's foremost Gull expert. His previous books include "Terns of Europe and North America", "Skuas and Jaegers", "Gulls of Europe, Asia and North America" and the recently published in 2018 "Gulls of the World: A Photographic Guide". This evening he will talk about "Gulls actual to Norway with special attendance to Yellow-legged and Caspian Gull".
Pub and final competition kl 21:30
- Counting competition, questions and then the award of the Norwegian champion in birdwatching. There will be some rare, easy and difficult questions for determining a winner among the three best teams from the Bird-Race. The winner receives a gift certificate of kr. 3000 from Nature of Fritid nature shop!!
SUNDAY 1st September - Public Day
Ringing at 08:30 and 10:00-See how we ring the birds!!
Bird activities for children 10:30
- Children from 5 yeard old. Several activities.
Bird tour with a guide kl 12:00
- The tour takes place in areas associated with a protected area. Possibility of renting binoculars (limited number).
Nature Shop 12:00 - 14:00
- Natur og Fritid, Lista Bird Observatory's shop will be opened. You can buy: binoculars, guides, T-shirts, etc.
- Open lighthouse and Lista Visitor Center, with shop, coffee and ice-cream!
Sorry, but we are outside of the spring and autum seasons.|