Lista Bird Race, Fuglefestival 2017
The weekend 25th to 26th of August we celebrate LISTA BIRD FESTIVAL with party and activities all weekend!
Preliminary program for the weekend
SATURDAY 25th August - Field day
BBQ on Saturday, festival 2017.
Lista Bird Race at 06:00 - 15:00
- Team competition around Lista. See as many species as possible in Farsund municipality. Maximum 4 persons pr. team. To know more about it you can send us an email.
Barbecue at 18:00
- You can bring your own food and we will collaborate with griller, tables, etc
Lecture at 19:30
- In 2016, Arjan Dwarshuis set a new world record when he observed 6856 bird species in 40 different countries over 366 days. He will come and talk about his passion for birds and conservation and how this culminated in the adventure of a lifetime, his Biggest Year. To read more about Arjan Dwarshuis CLICK HERE
Pub and final competition kl 21:30
- Counting competition, questions and then the award of the Norwegian champion in birdwatching. There will be some rare, easy and difficult questions for determining a winner among the three best teams from the Bird-Race. The winner receives a gift certificate of kr. 3000 from Nature of Fritid nature shop!!
SUNDAY 26th August - Public Day
Ringing at 08:30 and 10:00-See how we ring the birds!!
Bird activities for children 10:30
- Children from 5 yeard old. Several activities.
Bird tour with a guide kl 12:00
- The tour takes place in areas associated with a protected area. Possibility of renting binoculars (limited number).
Nature Shop 12:00 - 14:00
- Natur og Fritid, Lista Bird Observatory's shop will be selling at Borhaug: binoculars, guides, T-shirts, etc.
- Open lighthouse and Lista Visitor Center, with shop, coffee and ice-cream!
|Top 3 today:||